Welcome to the new Supplementum Epigraphicum Graecum Online
This new site for Supplementum Epigraphicum Graecum Online offers many additional features compared to previous version. These include:
- Faceted search, enabling users to search for entries - including the texts of inscriptions - by time period, place of origin, topic, or inscription type. The search parameters can also be combined, which facilitates an in-depth search in the SEG database. Click here for further details.
- Downloadable Epidoc files. Click here for how instruction on how to download the files. Click here for more information about Epidoc.
- Permanent identifiers. Each entry, inscription, and line of text has a permanent and unique identifier. Click here for more information about the CTS system of identifiers.
- Inscription texts, edited using a subset of the Leiden conventions primed for digital use. Click here for more information about Leiden+. Click here for the converter that turns Leiden+ into Epidoc.
- Morphology tool. Click on a Greek word for a succinct grammatical analysis. Click here for guidance on how to use it.
- A site developed with open source software using the Scaife Viewer as a basis. Click here to view the source code and learn more about the Scaife Viewer.
- Close collaboration with other digital epigraphical resources. Click here for SEG's participation in epigraphy.info and collaboration with Trismegistos.
This site is a work in progress. The functionality is still in development and data is being regularly checked and adjusted. If you find an error, please tell us. Or use the feedback button to share your opinion about any part of the new site. We welcome your comments.